Aerogarden

by Ivory Soap

cicks2 002

After my first aerogarden herb crop–I’ve had trouble growing anything else in there.  But, since we’re past lettuce season, I decided to give it another try.  So far, the five middle cells work, but the two outer ones are still duds.

And that nifty mini-garden off to the side (thatI got for $20 at Tuesday Morning) hasn’t done anything yet but try to mold.  I think I’m hydroponically challenged.  I’ll tell you if the middle ones live.

cicks2 004

Ivory

Disclaimer: This post may contain a link to an affiliate.

rowena___. August 10, 2009 at 5:47 am

i must admit that my aerogarden would probably have done very well this summer if i had replanted it. 😀 right now, it is serving as a grow light platform for my cuttings.

Veggiemomma August 10, 2009 at 7:26 am

I like my Aerogarden but my first batch of herbs only produced Mint, Chives, and Basil…the rest died. Howeve, now I have a HUGE bush of mint and also I’ve planted some grape tomatoes which are about to ripen. I learned that you can buy the spongey stuff and re-fill the capsules with it and your regular seeds from the garden store. The tomatoes worked well this way. Next I will try hot peppers and more tomatoes. I will also try using it for cuttings…but I’ll have to learn how first!

Red Icculus August 10, 2009 at 9:43 am

Your sprouts look great. Aerogardens are a neat little toy.

You can also use mini Oasis cubes from the hydro store or floral foam to replant your AG.

Lacy from Montana August 10, 2009 at 6:44 pm

I love my aerogarden! I use it in the winter to get a jumpstart on most things for the garden. Start em’ early and then they are stable before transplanting outside.

Anny August 11, 2009 at 7:00 pm

What is the name of that little garden thing on the side you have? It looks very interesting.

Ivory Soap August 14, 2009 at 8:12 am

@ RED!!! How come the little side gardens won’t grow and I have NEVER gotten my own seeds to sprout and what’s up with the far left and right wells not growing ANYTHING?

Ivory Soap August 14, 2009 at 8:15 am

@Rowena, Veggiemomma, and Lacy– I love it too, regardless of my mixed success lately.

@Anny– it’s a ‘power plant’

first timer August 29, 2009 at 11:30 am

I got my aerogarden as a gift

and it works!!!

I did some research on it and found out it was a public Company

Did you know that aerogarden is a Public Company?

I bet you didn`t

It`s an extremely undervalued Company

Stock Symbol: AERO.OB

Gardening November 26, 2009 at 12:16 am

These AeroGardens look neat. Thinking about getting a couple for xmas presents.

margaret January 10, 2010 at 11:46 am

If your second crop is not growing, you most likely need to replace the bulb. The bulb will light up for a long time, but not have the proper spectrum for plant growth. Replace the bulbs every 6 months, if you use the regular on/off schedule and more often if you use the 24 hour schedule.