That’s a lot of Jute, Ivory

by Ivory Soap

DSCF0018

What on earth was a I making?  Three kids, no brain cells.  Any ideas?

Disclaimer: This post may contain a link to an affiliate.

Alexa November 30, 2009 at 7:28 am

Sew a little bag for you to put your homemade soap in and then you have a soapy scrubby. If you use a drawstring, the soap can be replaced or “bits” can be added. I have a sponge wrapped in jute that is nice for scrubbing with in the bath. HTH

Carla December 4, 2009 at 8:38 am

If it were wider I might guess a doormat but since it is so narrow — a totebag, maybe? I dunno. What ARE you making?

busywithkids December 4, 2009 at 10:19 am

I was also thinking of a scrubby.

chris December 4, 2009 at 10:31 am

I think it must be some sort of scrubby cloth, either for dishes or for bathtime, depending on how scratchy.

Della December 4, 2009 at 10:44 am

a back scrubby for the shower! hold it on either side and scrub back and forth! (and can I have one too?!) 🙂

Kat December 4, 2009 at 11:21 am

I know, I know! (maybe…)
Some time ago, and I can’t find it now, you were demonstrating a crochet stitch that was difficult to see in regular yarn, so you were doing it in jute. Is this the leftover jute tute?

Kat December 4, 2009 at 11:26 am

Well duh. I was looking in crafts and patterns, but it was hanging out in patterns-n-plans.

Soapy Kupo Nut December 4, 2009 at 11:55 am

A hammock for the chickens?

Juliana December 4, 2009 at 6:28 pm

We have pet hermit crabs and they love to climb on netting like that. Give to someone with hermit crabs.

Jen M. December 4, 2009 at 7:58 pm

Skid stopper for under a rug? Door mat/mud mat?

JavaLady December 4, 2009 at 8:36 pm

You are making a scruffy slip cover for your swiffer mop, to really deep clean. ???

Liz December 5, 2009 at 7:48 am

Practicing in case you need to knit some chain mail? Cover for a small lampshade (actually, that might look kinda cool.) Bag for storing garlic?

Handful December 5, 2009 at 8:45 pm

Are you are planning a fishing trip!

You are so funny! Kids’l do that to ya.

Maybe it’s another one of those do-hickey thingmajigs! 😉

Corinne December 6, 2009 at 11:41 am

a scrubby rag! that’s what i do with all my rectangular unfinished knit items. and they work so well!

this is off-subject but…i hope you guys to a blog about making christmas gifts! i could use some more ideas! so far i’ve been grabbing books off of a book exchange for presents and replacing them with books i’ve finished reading. the other idea i’m thinking about is boiling down some of my extra soap that i have just sitting around and pouring it into some pretty seashells or other molds i find around the house! but i would really love some other ideas!!

Ginny December 7, 2009 at 9:26 am

A sock keeper?
A kid-stopper?
A kid topper!
A gopher bopper
A hippie shopping bag
A very earthy bellydancing hip scarf
An organizer for kitchen thingies (hang this on the wall and add ‘S’ rings then hang your utensils all over it)
A herb drier
I’m sure there are more ideas…

Monkeyfister January 11, 2010 at 7:26 pm

SCRUBBY!

OR, faux chain-mail armor for a very tiny animal…

I think you were showing us how to make a jute scrubby-buddy pouch for all of our home soap!

And do, please, give us the how-to. It looks MAHVALOUS so far! I can’t wait to see it done! It will be PERFECT! trust me

–mf

Shannon March 26, 2010 at 3:06 pm

what are the dimensions? 9″ x 3″ ? 11″ x 5″ ? I was wondering what you would like to finish it as? (Without undoing your work, it could morph into something else…)