Homemade Hometown

by Ivory Soap on 07/12/2010

1.  Start with one freshly painted, adorable water tower.

2.  Add one vintage train station with two trains, a depot, and a red telephone box.

3.  Insert one musical town clock (managed by mother-in-law who makes sure it never plays “Singing in the Rain” under clear skies.)

4.  Employ said mother-in-law in hundred-billion-year-old fuel distribution hub/precious gas station.

5.  Surround with a square full of eclectic shops.

5.  Toss in a well-decorated gazebo.

6.  Add a dash of the best walk-in burgers on earth.

Ivory

LisaPie July 12, 2010 at 11:05 am

That town is too precious to be real! It reminds me of the town from the Gilmore Girls. And that hamburger joint? Awesome!!

And? It looks like a great walking or bike riding town, too.

Kathy July 12, 2010 at 2:07 pm

Looks like the small town that was in Sleeping with the enemy. Love it!

Judy Stewart July 13, 2010 at 9:23 am

Okay, I’ll live there.

JavaLady July 13, 2010 at 9:31 pm

NICE !!!!!!!!!! I am especially jealous of the trains… I don’t have those in my little town.

Rhonda July 13, 2010 at 11:39 pm

Wait – are you from Collierville TENNESSEE? No way. I am in Jackson, TN. I have wondered about you fall garden and what area of the US you lived in.

Handful July 14, 2010 at 9:40 am

OMG. This is almost a picture of MY town! We have a historic train station that has been refurbished to it’s original grandeur. And lovely brick insets in the park surrounding the caboose with a well tended garden.

We even have a town clock that is almost identical to the one pictured but ours doesn’t play music. (Your MIL apparently wasn’t available!)

Jacqueline Acevedo July 14, 2010 at 10:39 am

Gorgeous place!!!!
😎

Alex July 19, 2010 at 6:16 am

The place is totally precious! Every single establishment is worth to be treasured, worth to be cherished. I wish I could live in a place like that. But of course, I am quiet contented in the place where I am now. And for sure you are very much in love with this place right now as well. We should all be loving the exact place where we are now and where we’ll be too.

Sue July 22, 2010 at 4:02 am

The photos look great! The place is just awesome. The nature coincides with the fine establishments of the town. Who would not want to live in that kind of place?

Lili July 29, 2010 at 8:21 am

I’m in Jackson, Tn, too… and I’m originally from Germantown, so C-ville is practically neighbors. I think I had figured out that you lived there a while back somehow, with the goat news…I don’t remember exactly what made me realize it. But I totally love this blog, so much. I have convinced my hubby to let us do homemade laundry soap, shampoo, deodorant, etc… but still have not convinced him to let me have chickens (wah).