Some things grind in a coffee grinder better than others. Seeds, for instance do much better than nuts. I don’t know why. I think it’s the size and the fact that they’re a drier product. Anyway, here’s another set of grain free pancakes. I’m addicted to them. Butter, drizzle of honey, and then I eat my over medium eggs on top. YUM!
3/4-1 cup mixed sunflower and pumpkin seeds (*See Note)
1/4-1/2 tsp baking soda (I just pinch, dunno how much it really is)
1/4-1/2 tsp salt (same here)
1-2 T honey
1. Heat buttered skillet or griddle over med.
2. Pulverize seeds in grinder.
3. Whisk together all ingredients and smush out any lumps.
4. Cook on skillet/griddle until browned.
5. Serve with butter and honey.
*My seeds were soaked over night and dried, but I don’t think that matters for the recipe. Also, the more pumpkin seed you use, the “greener” the inside of the bread looks. Keep in mind for squeamish eaters.
This pancake leans toward the savory side. It would be good with onions or herbs. Great with eggs!