First Potato Sprouts and Cat Issues

by Daisy on 03/17/2011

I love this.

When the first asparagus pops through I might just fall over.

I don’t love this:

It looks especially bad when you know it used to look like this:

Until somebody decided it looked like a soft place for a nap.

So I’ve poked sticks all around the plants to make the little pillows of green less comfortable.

I know.  Such a buzzkill.

Angela March 17, 2011 at 8:56 am

Keep an eye out on those potato plants! Last year we got Colorado potato beetles and by the time we found a non-toxic solution, our plants were nothing but twigs.

Jessie March 17, 2011 at 11:02 am

What a bad kitty-mommy. Spoiling all of that good napping and rolling and nibbling and such. 😉

J. Acevedo March 17, 2011 at 11:40 am

Bad kitty!!!!!
I need to fence in the herb garden because MY kitty uses it as a bathroom…8-P

Amber March 17, 2011 at 2:57 pm

What a pretty girl.

Viki March 17, 2011 at 6:27 pm

I understand exactly how you feel except it’s dogs AND cats AND rascally rabbits where I live. I use red or black pepper and mothballs(naphthalene only) to keep everyone at bay.

LJ March 18, 2011 at 9:39 am

I share your pain. This year I have to use chicken wire to fence off the entire garden from my “pests”. Bad Dog LOVES garlic and won’t stop rolling on the tender shoots. She also loves soft dirt to dig in, and when she sees me digging, she gets really enthusiastic about helping. I’d put sticks in the ground, but alas, sticks are for chewing…as for Evil kitty, she likes to nibble on greens and roll around on the nice warm black soil. “Who cares if it smashes all the radish and turnip sprouts…” *yawn*

Tanya Walton March 19, 2011 at 12:55 am

I had cat problems in the past too…mine was usually because after ground was prepared and seed planted then it looked like such a beautiful toilet!!

Sticks around the places did the trick though…apparently they don’t like sticks poking them all over whether they sleep or go to the toilet so this should do the trick for you too…fingers crossed!!