Raised Bed Hose Guides

by Daisy on 04/25/2011

You know that awful “Yikes!” feeling you get when you realize you’ve just yanked the hose over a nice bed of lettuce or seedling tomatoes?

The other day I was looking at some leftover spindles from a porch rail project and decided to use them to solve my problem.

It’s so easy to do and the turning on the spindles makes them look a little fancier than just plain 2×2′s would have been (although that would work, too).

I just cut off the top section right above the turning, sanded it smooth, and screwed the shortened spindles to the corners of the raised beds where they will do the most good.

No more walloped vegetables!

Melody April 25, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Brilliant!!

Tanya Walton April 25, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Quick, easy, efficient and free…all my best words!!!

Rhonda D. April 25, 2011 at 3:37 pm

How cute-I love this idea! I also have a lot of spindles ‘gifted’ to me by a pal that thinks I will come up with ideas for lots of garden projects . I think you just gave me one :) Thanks

nellymary April 25, 2011 at 4:05 pm

I absolutely love it….I have a few spots myself where I can use this idea, thanks for sharing….love your blog too. Keep up the good work.

Faith April 25, 2011 at 6:28 pm

My husband and I just installed raised beds in our back yard, and we used deck railing posts to stabilize each corner of the inside of the box. We debated cutting them lower (since they stick up about a foot or more from the top edge of the bed wall) but decided not to so we can use them to lean over the garden. Now there’s another great reason for not cutting them! Thanks!

Kimberly April 25, 2011 at 9:10 pm

TOTALLY awesome!!! Functional, and looks nice too! Well done!!!!