Timeframe: 1 week
- One-quart jar, preferably a fermenter
- Cut up flexible coffee lid that can be folded through the mouth and expands approximately to width of jar
- Optional weight. I used an Eggsact Egg timer.
Ingredients (for 1 gallon):
- 1-2 bags of baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tsp dried dill
- Boiled and cooled tap water
- Optional splash of Bubbies juice or other lactofermeted liquid
- Place all ingredients except water in jar.
- Insert coffee can lid (shown below) and optional weight.
- Press down and fill to brim with water.
- Cover loosely.
- Leave for one week.
- Chill and enjoy.
Disclaimer: This post may contain a link to an affiliate.