- In Lacto-fermented Dandelion Soda, I learned how to prepare dandelion blossoms and turn them into soda! I thought that surely the “all-purpose starter” would be some magical concoction that I’d have to order, but it’s just ginger root, sugar and water.
- In Rose Petal Peppermint Drops, The Nerdy Farmwife uses real roses in her throat soothers, and not just for the smell. They actually add soothing, anti-inflammatory benefits to these easy drops.
- The craziest thing I saw this week was Rhubarbecue Sauce. I’ve never grown rhubarb, but I have cooked with it. I figured it was just for pies. And isn’t that the funnest name? With my accent it comes out: Roo-bar-bee-kyew.
- And in Pros and Cons of Keeping a Rooster, I learned that there are actually PROS to having a rooster! Who knew? No wonder I have to yell so loud when it’s feeding time to get their attention.
- In Ants Hate Cinnamon, the Parsimonious Princess is positively gleeful over hacking off ants with cinnamon. I had a lovely experience myself with a hoard under my Banksiae rose bush a few years ago. Ants don’t just dislike cinnamon, they bail out like you’re pouring fire on their heads. It’s a life-affirming experience…
BEAUTIFUL STUFF, people! Thank you for sharing.
Link back to us Little House Friday DIY Linky!