DIY Linky #7 and Must-See Links of the Week

by Ivory Soap on 06/29/2012

• How We Made Our Chicken’s Water Poop Free:  The Parsimonious Princess—I have tried so many solutions for the animal water.  I have never heard of this one.  Go see and be poop free!
  • Fried Green Tomatoes: Country Momma Cooks—I’ve never seen a prettier visual recipe for fried green tomatoes.
  • 10 Ways to Sex Your Chickens:  Fresh Eggs Daily—Daisy will need this soon!
  • One Minutes Chocolate Mug Cake (Grain Free!):  One Sweet Heat—I can’t have grains, sugar, or milk.  With a honey substitution I can eat chocolate cake again?  AMAZING.
  • Five uses for Hollyhocks:  The Nerdy Farmwife (Pictured Above)—She makes dolls, soap, and sticks them on boo-boos.  Check out all these uses for hollyhocks.
  • Best Way to Boil Water:  Nature’s Nurture —I used one of these kettles overseas.  They are FAST.  I rarely add new machinery to my kitchen, but this post has me considering an electric teakettle!

The Nerdy Farm Wife June 29, 2012 at 6:45 am

Thanks for the feature! :)

Amy June 29, 2012 at 10:46 am

Ha, I put my name as the post name. Awesome.

In this instance, “Amy” should be read as, “Volunteer Plants – Apartment Gardening Edition.” (It’s an unconventional pronunciation, lots of silent / invisible letters.)

Amanda @ Traditional Foods June 29, 2012 at 11:25 am

Thanks for hosting! I shared a recipe for coconut candy and a story about skunk cabbage foraging. :)

April @ A Simple Life June 29, 2012 at 12:03 pm

I finally added Little House in the Suburbs to my blogroll. Thank you for your site.

Sarah @ One Sweet Heat June 29, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Thanks for picking my One Minute Chocolate Cake :) I hope that you do try it and that the honey substitute works out for you!

I’ve linked up my habanero mayonnaise this week. The mayo is made from scratch and a fresh habanero gives it a kick!

Lea H @ Nourishing Treasures June 29, 2012 at 2:32 pm

I shared my Make Your Own Fudge Pops recipe.

KimH June 30, 2012 at 12:38 pm

These are some of the BEST links!! Thanks so much for sharing so many wonderful things in blogland. I dont have time to read too many of them but I love finding great blogs & folks like yours/you.

That Hollyhock doll had me rolling into a blast from the past.. My great grandmothers used to make those for me when I was an itty bitty back in the mid 60s. I havent thought about them until I saw that picture of one and I was catapulted back in time. Thanks so much for that memory. ?