LHITS DIY on Friday

by Ivory Soap on 05/02/2013

Little Sis May 2, 2013 at 7:07 pm

Thanks so much for hosting! Hope you have a great weekend!

Foy Update (@FoyUpdate) May 3, 2013 at 8:13 am

This week since the weather is so wonderful, at least here in Indiana, I am sharing so recipes for spring asparagus and a bright pink potato salad that I learned how to make as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Panama. Hint: the bright pink is from one beet. You can’t really taste the beet, but it sure is pretty!
I’d also like to invite you to a blog hop I do with a couple blogger friends called Eat Make Grow. This month’s theme is Picnics! We’d love to have you share your portable food, picnic ideas and outdoor crafts with us.

Link up, Buttercup!

Vickie May 3, 2013 at 9:17 am

Great link-up. There is some really good information this week. I especially liked the kale chips recipe from “a life unprocessed”. Thank you for hosting!

This Woman Writes -- Carolyn Henderson May 3, 2013 at 2:04 pm

This week’s article is #41 — Deception, Deceit, Dishonesty, which addresses our contemporary culture and how we, as ordinary people, can navigate it and, hopefully, make a positive change.

Theresa Stevens May 4, 2013 at 4:02 pm

my daughter is a single mom who wants to build a simple chicken coop for 10 chickens. Are there any simple inexpensive plans available for her to follow?

Daisy May 5, 2013 at 8:34 am

Theresa Stevens–We don’t have any on our site, but I believe backyardchickens.com has a gallery of coops of different sizes. Mother Earth News has one that is cheap and easy to build, but only has about a four hen capacity. I think one of the main determining factors regarding expense is how creative you can be finding recycled materials for supplies instead of buying new. Scouring construction sites and dumpster diving as well as checking out salvage yards may be your best bet. Best of luck!