Thank you for visiting Little House in the Suburbs. If you like what you see, please SUBSCRIBE and be sure to check out OUR BOOK.
Homemade butter is one of those things that you make for TASTE. You haven’t really lived until you’ve had butter that’s less than hour old. Mmmmmm….
Fortunately, making butter is really easy! All you need is whipping cream and a way to agitate it. I used a mixer.
[Yields one pint of butter (just under a pound) and one pint of milk]
1 quart whipping cream
salt to taste
1. Beat whipping cream in a bowl until it separates into yellow butter and white milk.
[Mr. Ivory accidentally deleted MY pic, so this one is HERS
2. Reserve milk for use for drinking, baking, soups, shakes, etc.
3. Pour a cup of cold water over the butter and beat again. Pour off.
4. Repeat until water is mostly clear.
5. Smoosh out extra water and salt to taste.
6. EAT IT WITH A SPOON!!! (Sorry, I meant to say, spread it delicately on your MIL’s banana bread and take tiny lady-like bites.)