Crochet Jogger’s Wrap

by Daisy

This is not pretty, but it’s my new best friend.

Hubby and I trade out “jogging” in the mornings. I think he actually jogs, but I “jog.” It’s closer to that exaggerated “I’ll-get-back-to-you-in-a-sec–I’m-hurrying-to-the-bathroom” shuffle that folks do when they have GOT to tinkle.

Anyhoodle, it’s COLD at 5:30AM these days. My chin, mouth, nose, and ears are KILLING me by the time I get home. And with my current winter wear, I could only cover three of the four at any one time. So, I decided to make a neck-face-cowl-hang-on-my-ponytail-thingy. I searched for a pattern, but all I found was this, which is totally cute, but won’t exactly do what I need, yo.

Ivory’s Ugly Jogger’s Wrap

N hook, Wool Ease in a bad color so it ends up in the .50 clearance bin.

ch 51. (or however many it takes to get around your noggin.)

Row 1: sc in second ch from hook and each remaining ch.
Rows 2: ch 1 turn, *sk 1st sc and put 2 sc in next ch* repeat to end
Rows 3-20: (or however long your collarbone to nose-bridge distance is)
Finishing: Bring short sides together. Join 10 stitches, sk 7, join last 3. Finish off and weave in ends.

Hubby says I look like a terrorist, but dunno–what do you think?

Suburbia’s Most Wanted

Ivory

Disclaimer: This post may contain a link to an affiliate.

Antonia December 18, 2009 at 11:04 pm

hi, “Tomato lady”,

I was laughing at your positive attitude when describing the terrorist hood. heck, for the covering size, you could cover the top of your head, too (unless you already use a ski hat or something like that). It’s a cute idea and i like it.

Hope your hubby did not get sick to avoid chores 🙂 My husband and I would like to send him some virtual sun (light therapy) from Florida. It worked for us when we lived in DC and NC…

Merry Christmas and I hope you’ll enjoy your time together with the rest of the incoming family.

Antonia
Clearwater, FL

marie terrell January 21, 2010 at 6:33 pm

what a brilliant idea, Kudos.

MamaShea August 2, 2011 at 4:10 am

Don’t feel bad Ivory, I look like a ninja when I go out in the cold. It all started with a crochet hat. I made it big because I have a whole lotta hair and somehow went a bit overboard. Then I decided my face got too cold with just the hat so a scarf soon followed. Again, the scarf wasn’t keeping my face warm and in fact did little more than strangle me whenever I would try to do anything. So, enter what my husband calls the ninja mask. Personally, I think it looks more like a crochet version of a doctor’s surgical mask, but silly me, I was using up a skein of black yarn so once I pile on the hat, scarf and mask…..yup, you guessed it. Ninja Linda. I’m currently trying to come up with something for this winter that won’t get me arrested if I need to stop at the bank. And don’t worry. your little face warmer isn’t ugly. Happy Hooking!

Sara January 17, 2013 at 10:10 pm

This looks great & I am in the middle of the pattern but noticed the instructions for Rows 3-20 are missing the instructions… Yikes! Please help… TIA

Ivory Soap January 18, 2013 at 7:25 am

I have no idea. It was years ago. I will think about it. Sorry.

cara January 28, 2013 at 11:24 am

I’m laughing at your hubby jogs, but you “jog”….I call it “wogging” (really slow walking/jogging :-)) or “jocking” (jog/walking). I prefer “wogging”! It just sounds better 😉