Filet-ish Dishcloth

by Ivory Soap on 12/17/2009

DSCF0015

Filet-ish Dishcloth

1.  ch 32

2.  dc in 6th ch from hook, *ch 1, skip next ch, dc in next ch, rep from *, turn

3.  ch 4 (counts as dc + 1ch), skip next ch space, dc in next dc, ch 1 dc in next dc.  *(dc in next ch space, dc in next dc) twice, (ch1, dc) in each of next 2 dc; rep from * across, skip next ch of turning ch, dc in next ch of turning ch, turn.

4.  ch 4 (counts as dc + 1ch), skip next ch space, dc in next dc. *ch1, dc in next 5 dc, (ch1, dc) in each of next 2 dc; rep from * across, skip next ch of turning ch, dc in next ch of turning ch, turn.

5.  ch 4 (counts as dc + 1ch), skip next ch space, dc in next dc. *ch1, skip next st, dc in next dc; rep from * across, ending with last dc in 3rd ch of turning ch.

Repeat steps 3-5 twice.  Repeat steps 3 and 4.  Dc around evenly and weave in ends.

Nicki December 17, 2009 at 10:40 am

Lovin’ your blog every day! Wish I could speak crochet…

Emily December 17, 2009 at 7:05 pm

Beautiful. As a beginner (at actually reading a pattern) I can understand what you wrote. NOW I just want to sit down and try it, but it will have to wait a few weeks. Thanks for sharing. Emily

Shannon December 18, 2009 at 6:00 am

Ha! I first read this post through my e-mail subscription without the photo. I am not a crocheter, but knowing that your’re a writer and there have been posts here lately about writing, I thought this was an example of the shorthand you use to make notes to yourself about edits you need to make – “dc” being a character’s initials, “ch” standing for chapter, etc. When I pulled up the page, saw the photo, and re-read, I realized how wrong that was. :0)

carol December 18, 2009 at 8:20 am

what yarn makes the best scrubbing cloth?

Bonnie May 4, 2010 at 10:31 pm

the only thing I can’t see on the pattern is the size hook to use and the size yarn to use. Thanks for the pattern. Bonnie

Ivory Soap May 7, 2010 at 6:30 am

I almost always use an H and standard lily cotton. Sorry about that.

Karen Bower August 17, 2011 at 8:35 am

I love your filet-ish dishcloth! I’ve made several using Royale Gemini thread (2 #10 strands wound together– though I’m having trouble finding more of this type!) It dries fairly quickly–especially good in summer & has a good but open weight to it. I Ch 49 & use an F hook. I can send a picture when I get it off our camera. I repeat rows 3-5 four times & then dc around the outside.