Treble Scrubbie Cloth

by Ivory Soap on 03/15/2010

DSCF0010DSCF0008

Easy Treble Scrubbie Cloth

ch 28

Row 1:  tr in 5th chain from hook, tr across.

Row 2:  ch 4 , turn, fptr across

Row 3: ch 4, turn, tr across

Repeat rows 2 and 3 four times.

Tie off and weave in ends.

Tanya Walton March 15, 2010 at 8:45 am

What content of yarn did you use for this???

Kat March 15, 2010 at 10:28 am

For any newbies out there who, like me, have no clue what an fptr is, it’s a front post triple crochet. I found this very nice video that shows how to do both back and front post crochet, although it’s double and not triple. The method looks kind of fun, actually!
For you, Ivory Soap, many many thanks! The first time I ever posted to a blog was on this site, and it was about the inspiration you gave me to learn crochet. And now?! I’m actually making a baby blanket for my yet-to-get-here niece or nephew due in November. I can’t believe I’m crocheting!

Lacy from Montana March 16, 2010 at 9:24 am

I must say that I am envious (just a wee bit) of your extensive crochet skills. Would you consider doing a tutorial for us that don’t understand crochet speak? Translate please. I crochet, but only the one stitch that I was taught and do not understand this interesting Vulcan style crochet language. :)

Lacy from Montana March 16, 2010 at 9:25 am

To clarify, I mean, please teach me your Vulcan crochet language. Pretty please with organic sugar in the raw on top?

katie March 16, 2010 at 9:04 pm

I love crocheting washcloths, but I don’t love washing my dishes with them. What can I say? I like something a bit more abrasive at the kitchen sink. But in the shower? Ah, now that’s another story… They also make excellent bulk gifts (you know, for teachers or co-workers) when paired with a really nice bar of soap. Thanks for the pattern!

OWL MOMMA March 17, 2010 at 6:26 pm

May have to try this out. All my wash cloths are double crochet… I love how they clean the dishes! They do make nice gifts, but I get sick of folks thinking they are potholders :) My in-laws have a drawer for the “potholders” I’ve made for them… even though I explained that they were dishcloths, and even though they have to double them over to keep from burning themselves because the cloths aren’t thick enough to be potholders. Grrr!

CrunchyBread April 7, 2010 at 9:01 am

Owl Momma: I feel your pain. It isn’t that you’d mind them repurposing a cloth, just why do they have to repurpose it wrong, so that it almost appears to be your fault that their fingers get burnt with your holey “potholders”? Argh!

If I may make a suggestion, perhaps it would clarify things for them if you made them a real potholder or two. Something tightly crocheted out of thermal stitch or some such, that demonstrates for them what the difference is. At the very least, if they intend to see everything you make as a potholder, at least this time they won’t be wrong. lol

CrunchyBread April 7, 2010 at 9:02 am

(Whoops! The italics got away from me in that last post. Sorry!)

Krista November 23, 2010 at 10:25 pm

Thanks so much for the example and instructions! I made one by your exact directions but I think I must crochet a little loser than you or possibly I used a larger hook. Mine looks a tad different but it is still cute and functional and finished!! LOL Finished being KEY since I am queen of the abandoned projects! This may be a little crazy but I’m about to teach several 6-12 year old girls to do this. Hahahaha! I couldn’t do it without your help, so thanks again! :)