Crocheted Washcloth: Double Lace

by Ivory Soap on 10/23/2013

IMG_0617
I haven’t done one of these in a while, so here’s a new washcloth pattern.  Before we get started, here’s a close up of the pattern stitch:
IMG_0615

Double Lace Washcloth

ch 30

Row 1: dc in 3rd chain from hook. Dc to the end.

Row 2: ch 3 , turn, *skip 2 dc, (1dc, ch 1, 1dc) in next dc, repeat from *. Skip one dc and dc in top of turning chain.

Row 3: ch 3, turn, 3dc in each ch-1 space across, 1 dc in top of turning chain.

Repeat rows 2 and 3 five more times.

Last row: ch 3, turn, dc to end.

Tie off and weave in ends.

IMG_0616

SUNNIE WILSON October 23, 2013 at 4:57 pm

Thank you for sharing this pattern. I’ve just discarded my old dish cloths that were made by crochet and knitting. I like the texture and the look of this one. It will be added to my collection and I will make one tonight. I am also a recent Subscriber to your website.

Holly October 24, 2013 at 6:02 am

I took the pattern with me this morning and made one of these while waiting at a doctor’s appointment. It works up so quickly and it is so pretty. I’m thinking of making a scarf with this pattern using soft wool. Yummy! Thank you! 🙂

Amy October 24, 2013 at 7:12 am

Beautiful! I love the color and pattern.

Lorraine R. October 24, 2013 at 7:35 am

If you did this on a much larger scale it would make a beautiful lap blanket…

Denise October 24, 2013 at 8:15 pm

I want to make one, but what size crochet hook is good to use for this dishcloth?

Kirsten McCulloch October 26, 2013 at 9:24 pm

Oh bother, I forgot to take my URL out of the website box. Akismet seems to have decided I am a spammer. Trying again… Deanna, if you find my original comment in your spam folder, would you please tell Akismet it is *not* spam? (and then delete this on of course). What I said was:

This is a lovely pattern. I have a few knitted dishclothes, but I am *such* a slow knitter – I find crochet much more fun to do. I will try this one as soon as I am finished my current project (or okay, probably before!).