I know it irks you as much as it does me to BUY swiffer pads and solution. So, I created a pictorial tutorial on avoiding the refill monster entirely.
You will need:
- swiffer wet-jet
- microfiber washcloths (scrubby kind if you want to be FANCY–5$)
- good scissors
- frayblock, fraycheck, or the like
- cup of hot water
- vinegar and water
1. Open microfiber washcloths. (Remember how microfiber sticks to you fingers if they’re dry? Sticks great to that bottom-of-the-mop velcro too.) Cleave in twain.
2. ‘Fray Block’ the cut edge and allow to dry.
3. Smush the cloth onto yon mop.
4. Turn empty solution bottle upside down in a cup of hot water for one minute. Twist off cap and fill with 50/50 water and vinegar.
5. Get to mopping!
6. Toss DIRTY cloth in washer!
RECIPE MAKES 10 REUSABLE CLOTHS
Disclaimer: This post may contain a link to an affiliate.