Quick Dry Dishcloth

by Daisy on 01/08/2009

This is my new favorite dishcloth. It works up quickly. It’s pretty. And, it dries fast, so no stinkification.

Quick Dry Dishcloth
(If you’re familiar with pattern stitches, just do the Lacy V’s three times and border.)

H needle, WW cotton

Ch 29

Row1: Dc in fifth ch from hook, *skip next 2 chs, (dc, ch1, dc) in next ch; repeat from * across

Row 2: Ch3, turn; 2 dc in first ch-1 sp, 3 dc in each ch-sp across

Row 3: Ch1, turn; sc in first 2 dc, *ch3, skip next 2 dc, sc in next dc; repeat from * across, sc in last sc

Row 4: Ch1, turn; sc in first sc, ch 3 (sc in next ch-3 sp, ch 3) across, skip next sc, sc in last sc

Row 5: Ch4, turn; dc in first ch-3 sp, (dc, ch1, dc) in each ch-3 sp across.

Repeat Rows 2-5 twice. Do not fasten off

Single crochet around evenly, twice.

Fasten off and weave in ends.

Tags: dishcloth, ,

aardvark September 25, 2009 at 7:52 pm

Lovely – tanx!

anonymous crocheter October 31, 2009 at 2:12 pm

Neat dishcloth. What kind of yarn is that exactly? What does the ‘WW’ part mean?

anonymous crocheter October 31, 2009 at 2:13 pm

you made a typo by the way: you said that you used an H needle. You must be thinking about knitting, because it’s supposed to be a hook!

Ivory Soap November 5, 2009 at 1:15 pm

Worsted Weight. I get that question a lot.

Dawn June 13, 2010 at 4:03 pm

this is my new favorite dishcloth pattern! Thank you so much.

and, anonymous crocheter–my mom always called her crochet hooks crochet needles. I dunno.

I used cotton thread for my dishcloths & they came out nice. Just an alternative for someone who would be wondering if it would work.

Thanks again!

(((((HUGS))))) sandi September 18, 2010 at 8:19 pm

I just made a poncho inspired by your beautiful dishcloth! http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2142371#post2142371 *THANKS!* so much for something so lovely and versatile! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Trudy November 4, 2010 at 6:59 pm

Hi,
I am wondering if I were to use a different type of yarn, such as hemp, if I could sell these or would I be infringing on a copyright?

Tomato Lady November 4, 2010 at 7:35 pm

Trudy–We don’t mind if you make them to sell.

Trudy November 5, 2010 at 10:38 am

Thanks so much. I was looking for a pattern to use with the hemp. I make cloths and sell them at the food coops in my area.

Peg January 9, 2014 at 3:33 pm

I have been trying and tearing this pattern several times with no success but I don’t want to give up.
Two questions: in the beginning, is the chain on the hook considered as one when told to dc in the fifth ch from hook?
My piece is getting bigger and bigger and won’t end up square….can’t figure out why. I think I’m reading the instructions properly.
How many Srs should I be working with? I seem to be increasing all along.
Thanks for the help…..I need it!