My hubby says that these are like salmon hush puppies, fish hush puppies…FUSH-puppies. That’s what he settled on. Fush-puppies. So here you go! And since I can’t have flour, they’re gluten free. I suppose any coarse flour would work. Whole wheat, cornmeal, what-have-you, but mine are from rice flour that I grind myself.
Ivory’s Gluten-Free Fush Puppies
Can of salmon with bone, drained
1 onion, diced
1-3 cloves garlic
1T baking powder
canola oil for frying
1. Gently peel apart salmon and scrape away skin. Leave the bones. They are pure calcium and crush to powder as your stir.
2. Break up salmon, stirring and mashing.
3. Add onion, pressed garlic, salt to taste, both eggs and as many handfuls of flour as it takes to make the concoction mold-able.
4. Roll into balls about the size of a ping-pong ball. Fry in about an inch of hot oil, turning once.
5. Drain on paper. Eat before they even reach the table.