Thank you, Jesus, I found the macro button before we ate them all. Like last post, the rest of these picks are terrible, but I’m second trimester and am totally not making these buns again today. Forgive? Thanks.
Grain-Free Hamburger Buns
(4 buns, 7 carbs each)
1. Preheat oven (I use my toaster over) to 350.
2. Grind raw almonds in your coffee grinder until you have 1.5 cups of flour. Some of it should have to be dug from the bottom of your grinder with your finger or it’s not fine enough.
3. Separate two eggs and add the yolks to the flour with 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1T honey. (EDIT 6/15) Mix with a fork to combine.
3. Beat the snot out of the whites. I’ve never gotten peaks to form, but fluffy helps the rising. GENTLY, fold those in and add enough water or more flour to make it a muffin batter consistency.
4. Make bun sized forms out of foil and butter them. I squish it around my tuna drainer. (Which, incidentally, is the most useful thing in my kitchen. I rarely use it for tuna.)
5. Fill forms and bake for 10 minutes. Check and rotate if using a toaster oven. Mine usually need five more minutes to get golden brown.
6. Remove from toaster and cool a second. Slowly peel out of foil and cool completely.
7. Slice and enjoy!
Disclaimer: This post may contain a link to an affiliate.