Good Grief! Knitted Dishcloth

by Daisy on 08/17/2011

Having grown up on a steady diet of Peanuts, I can’t help but see Charlie Brown’s shirt in this pattern.

It’s a simple, knit and purl, good-for-beginners cloth.

Good Grief! Knitted Dishcloth

Yarn:  Lily Sugar ‘n Cream (or any worsted weight cotton)

Needles:  Size 6 US or your preferred size for dishcloths

CO: 31 sts.

Rows 1-3: K all.

Row 4: K3, (P1, K7)3x, P1, K3.

Row 5: K5, (P5, K3)2x, P5, K5.

Row 6: K3, P3, (K3, P5) 2x, K3, P3, K3.

Row 7: K7, (P1, K7)3x.

Row 8: K3, (K1, P7)3x, K4.

Row 9: K3, P2, (K5, P3)2x, K5, P2, K3.

Row 10: K6, (P3, K5)2x, P3, K6.

Row 11: K3, P4, (K1, P7)2x, K1, P4, K3.

Repeat rows 4-11, 6 times.

K all 3 rows.

Bind off.  Cut yarn. Weave in ends.

Penny August 19, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Thank you for posting this pattern. I just knitted this dish cloth – it was really fun, and I think it’s going to be a nice “scrubby” one. Thank you!

MAGGIE HORN August 22, 2011 at 7:30 am

This dishcloth pattern looks great, and I’ll have it on the needles to-day. Thank you.

Sharon October 16, 2011 at 12:06 am

I’m gearing up for Christmas and always looking for some quick but pretty ideas for stocking stuffers. Thanks for the pattern…I’m grabbing my needles!

Rita February 7, 2012 at 7:37 pm

Thank you so much for posting your wonderful dishcloths. I learned to knit when I was 8 or 9. ( I am 52 now) I put my knitting down for alot of years. I picked it up again about 5 yrs ago. I got searching the web, for something new. I am now addicted to dishcloths. They make wonderful gifts for any reason.

Tomato Lady February 7, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Rita–Thank you! You’re very kind to let us know. I’m with you on dishcloths. You can’t have too many around, they’re useful little things!

Amanda May 18, 2012 at 7:54 pm

Thank you for posting this pattern — I love to just mindlessly follow the steps and be rewarded by a fun pattern just appearing! Made a dish cloth for a friend’s bridal shower.

Daisy May 19, 2012 at 6:53 am

Amanda–So glad you like it! Thank you for letting me know!

Maureen Chandler October 10, 2012 at 1:44 pm

This is a very nice pattern – can’t wait to get started! Thanks so much – they do make great gifts and one for me too!

Kersten August 27, 2013 at 8:20 pm

I’m new to knitting, so I’ve been keeping an eye out for beginner projects. This one is PERFECT and I’m in love with it! Your pattern makes sense and the finished product is adorable. Thank you so much for sharing!
little-miss-stitcher.blogspot.com

Daisy August 27, 2013 at 8:42 pm

Kersten–You are so welcome and thank YOU!