Over the years doing this blog, I’ve done lots of research on DIY products. Now, my daily ablutions are all taken care of with homemade products…’cept the cotton swabs and toothbrushes!
In the Shower
- Baking Soda solution in old rubbing alcohol bottle (shampoo, body wash)
- Dilute solution of apple cider vinegar in old peroxide bottle (conditioner, body soap residue remover)
- Small bottle of face oil (cleaning face, moisturizer, make-up removal)
- Bar of Soap for shampoo or body wash if I’m dirty enough to need lather.
At the Sink
- Baking Soda with optional essential oil, dry in jar (toothpaste, hand washing)
- Homemade deodorant.
- Body butter (a softer version of the lotion bars found only in our book)
- Peroxide (cleaning ears, treating open boo-boos and blemishes)
- Floss picks (I’m addicted to the generic Kroger version.)